Subject: [bug#42266] Jami: Updating opendht needed

From: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 15:20:31 +0200

Hello,

Dnia 2020-07-11, o godz. 14:49:58
Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> napisał(a):

> In this case the common procedure is to add a (non-public)
> opendht-jami package at the right commit.
> 
> This package can then safely be deleted when the next version of
> opendht comes out.
> 
> Cheers!
> 

I made a patch already.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2020-07/msg00283.html
It seems opendht is just buggy there, as using one of its features
causes compilation error, so I think it is okay to patch the bug.
What's the point of keeping unusable software in the repo anyway?
Devs from Savoir-faire linux use opendht features in Jami right from
master, because they develop both. But I can't do that. 

Jan Wielkiewicz