Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Add Ganeti

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 12:08:26 +0200

Here it comes!  The much-rumoured Ganeti service, along with a draft
blog post (sent as patch 5/4).

Before pushing I'm going to update Ganeti to get rid of some patches,
and publish an improved ganeti-instance-guix.  I will also try to
provision a cluster from scratch using the blog post instructions.

Note: the 'ganeti-shepherd-master-failover' patch relies on a Shepherd
service that has since been removed.  I intend to replace it with a
"force-start" action on the ganeti-wconfd service, that passes the
required command-line arguments via environment variables, but other
ideas to temporarily start a daemon with special parameters welcome.

I have a lot going on currently and might not be able to finish this
until next week.  Meanwhile, feedback appreciated as always.

Marius Bakke (4):
  gnu: Add ganeti.
  gnu: Add ganeti-instance-guix.
  gnu: Add ganeti-instance-debootstrap.
  services: Add ganeti.

 doc/guix.texi                                 | 560 +++++++++++
 gnu/local.mk                                  |   8 +
 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-copy-hmac.patch   |  83 ++
 .../ganeti-disable-version-symlinks.patch     | 136 +++
 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-drbd-compat.patch | 168 ++++
 .../patches/ganeti-haskell-pythondir.patch    |  66 ++
 .../ganeti-openvswitch-may-exist.patch        |  25 +
 .../patches/ganeti-preserve-PYTHONPATH.patch  |  21 +
 .../ganeti-shepherd-master-failover.patch     |  26 +
 .../patches/ganeti-shepherd-support.patch     |  87 ++
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm               | 500 ++++++++++
 gnu/services/virtualization.scm               | 906 +++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/tests/virtualization.scm                  | 175 +++-
 13 files changed, 2759 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-copy-hmac.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-disable-version-symlinks.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-drbd-compat.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-haskell-pythondir.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-openvswitch-may-exist.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-preserve-PYTHONPATH.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-shepherd-master-failover.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ganeti-shepherd-support.patch

-- 
2.27.0