Subject: Re: bug#42256: 27.0.50; composition

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 06:37:52 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 02:35:00 +0300
> 
> > If someone wants or needs to know which characters participated in a
> > composition on a GUI frame, they can go to those characters in the
> > *Help* buffer and type "C-u C-x =".
> 
> It's what I'm doing all the time:

Why do you need that, may I ask?  Why is it important to know which
characters were composed, and in what usage scenario?

> > That said, if someone wants to work on adding the character names to
> > the GUI display as well, I won't object.
> 
> Ok, done on master in commit 46a0c115f0.

Please also update the Emacs manual, where it describes this display,
because now the text there is outdated.

Thanks.