Subject: Re: bug#42256: 27.0.50; composition

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 22:56:27 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > On TTY frames, they are the only information available about the
  > composition (because the actual composition is done by the terminal
  > emulator).  On GUI frames, we have more important information already
  > shown.

I contend that the unicode character name is more meaningful to the user
than the numeric glyph codes.  I hope someone will extend the display
of all the composants, now implemented on TTYs, to graphic displays as well.

It doesn't affect me personally since I normally run Emacs only on TTYs,
but I expect it will help other users.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)