Subject: bug#42256: 27.0.50; composition

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 22:17:50 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Because font glyphs have no names, at least not names that Emacs knows
  > about and that could be of use to users.

Names such as LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE belong to Unicode code
points, not to glyphs.  They do not depend on the font used to display
the character.

So I think it makes sense to show those names independent of
the kind of display.

On a graphic display, it should show the glyph data (as now)
in addition to those Unicode character names.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)