Subject: bug#42256: 27.0.50; composition

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 02:36:41 +0300

>> I would like C-u C-x = on a composed charadcter to show the name for
>> each character in the composition.
>
> OK, I've now added the names of the characters to the composition
> information display on TTY frames.

This has been a big problem for me, thanks for fixing.  I see now
all combining characters displayed in the same Help buffer on TTY:

  Composed with the following character(s) "́" by these characters:
   a (#x61) LATIN SMALL LETTER A
   ́ (#x301) COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT

But I wonder why display combining character names only on TTY frames?
On GUI frames it currently displays only:

  Composed with the following character(s) "́" using this font:
    x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-108-100-100-c-60-iso10646-1
  by these glyphs:
    [0 1 97 97 6 0 6 12 3 nil]
    [0 1 769 769 6 0 6 12 3 [-6 0 0]]

I don't know what these glyph numbers mean, but still no combining
character names are displayed on GUI frames.