Subject: bug#42248: Problems between Flyspell and Enchant

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 22:20:03 +0100

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 at 21:07, Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I have installed the patch. Thanks, Jorge! I will now make the fixes I
> mentioned to Enchant, and make a new release. Jorge, it would be very
> helpful if at that point you could confirm whether the problems other than
> en_US's treatment of apostrophes are now fixed for you. I will also review
> the test cases from this thread with the updated Enchant and ispell.el.
>

I am now ready to release 2.2.11. Jorge, if you could report on your
experience with that either by building Enchant directly from
https://github.com/rrthomas/enchant/ or by waiting for the new release at
https://github.com/AbiWord/enchant/ or in Guix, I would be most grateful.
Also I guess you will want the updated version of ispell.el; you can either
build Emacs's master branch, or simply copy its ispell.el into a suitable
directory for your Emacs 27 (I used my user site-lisp directory).

Eli, Jorge, I guess you can decide after that whether this bug can be
closed.

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org