Subject: bug#42248: 27.0.91; With enchant-2.2.8 from Guix, Flyspell errors out or gives lots of false positives

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 20:49:07 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:30:00 -0700
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Jorge P. de Morais Neto <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > However, both ispell-buffer and Flyspell still misreport "doesn't".
> 
> I am using Hunspell and it misrepresents "doesn't" as a typo here, too.

It isn't the Hunspell issue, it's an issue with the dictionary.  What
does your en_US.aff file says in the WORDCHARS line(s)?  See the
function ispell-parse-hunspell-affix-file which parses the Hunspell
aff files.

On my system, there's no issue with "don't" (and the apostrophe in
general).

Eventually, the dictionary's entry in the ispell.el's DB is what
matters.  What do you have there?