Subject: bug#42243: About a Potential Change/Bug That Might Have Rendered cdlatex Mostly Dysfunctional

From: SEMIH KACMAZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 13:28:57 +0300

Hello,

For some reason, cdlatex stopped functioning properly today. I have
informed the cdlatex developer about the issue and he suspected a change in
AUCTeX might be responsible for it. Further comments and suggestions would
be much appreciated.

You can find below the detailed description of the issue.

Here is the link to the correspondence below
<https://github.com/cdominik/cdlatex/issues/17>

*Description:*

*"Hello, for some reason, cdlatex stopped functioning properly today. When
I try to insert a math modifier under align, align*, equation* or multline
environments, cdlatex throws the "No such modifier /modifier-symbol/
outside math mode." error. Furthermore, when I try to insert a math symbol
under these environments the symbol is generated between double dollar
signs as if it is called in the text-mode.*

*However, it works flawlessly and as it used to with the "equation"
environment.*

*I am using AucTeX in Emacs 26.3 which was downloaded from
emacsformacosx.com <http://emacsformacosx.com> and my OS is macOS Catalina
10.15.5."*

*His response:*

*"I believe this must be due to a change in AUCTeX. The constant
texmathp-tex-commands-default used to contain the align environments etc,
but no longer does. I am assuming that there is now a procedure in place to
add these commands based on LaTeX package loading. But I am not sure. Can
you please report this to the AUCTeX people and update me on their answer?"*

Many thanks,
Semih