Subject: [bug#42227] BPF in linux-libre

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:48:55 +0200

Hey John,

Thanks for your patience!

> I wrapped the PYTHONPATH around the various provided python tools.
> I also found a spare path that required patching.
> I am not sure this fixes every tool but I did get a few to work now.

Yes, I tested some of them, looks fine :).

> I also added debugfs as a requirement for a bpf system.  To use it
> %bpf-file-systems can be used in place of %base-file-systems in the
> operating system definition.

Actually, I wonder if we could mount debugfs by default, by adding it to
%base-file-systems. Any objections?

In the meantime I pushed the bcc patch with a few edits. Regarding
bpftrace, I'd like to avoid the "-DHAVE_BFD_DISASM=OFF" patching, I
found this ticket which seems related:
https://github.com/iovisor/bpftrace/issues/1106, but didn't make any
significant progress yet.

Thanks,

Mathieu