Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Add 'guix git-authenticate' command

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 10:37:55 +0200

Hello Guix!

This patch series factorizes Git repo authentication and adds a
‘guix git-authenticate’ command that’s essentially an interface
to (guix git-authenticate).  Not surprisingly I guess.

The nice thing is that people will be able to use it for external
channels (otherwise they would have to use ‘guix pull’ to check
that everything’s alright).  And we’ll be able to use it for
other Git repositories as well, such as maintenance.git, but
really any Git repo.

I put the “Invoking” node under “Development”, not sure if that’s
the best place.  Also, I considered doing a ‘guix git’ command,
of which ‘authenticate’ would be one sub-command and maybe ‘clone’
another one.  But for ‘clone’ I thought that ‘guix download’ would
be a better fit.  So I concluded that ‘guix git-authenticate’ was
a good choice in the end.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  git-authenticate: Factorize 'authenticate-repository'.
  Add 'etc/historical-authorizations'.
  git: Add 'with-git-error-handling'.
  Add 'guix git-authenticate'.
  maint: Remove 'build-aux/git-authenticate.scm'.

 Makefile.am                       |  15 +-
 build-aux/git-authenticate.scm    | 322 ------------------------------
 doc/guix.texi                     |  83 +++++++-
 etc/historical-authorizations     | 179 +++++++++++++++++
 guix/channels.scm                 | 118 +++--------
 guix/git-authenticate.scm         | 101 +++++++++-
 guix/git.scm                      |  19 ++
 guix/scripts/git-authenticate.scm | 176 ++++++++++++++++
 guix/scripts/pull.scm             |  18 --
 guix/scripts/time-machine.scm     |   4 +-
 po/guix/POTFILES.in               |   1 +
 tests/guix-git-authenticate.sh    |  56 ++++++
 12 files changed, 655 insertions(+), 437 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 build-aux/git-authenticate.scm
 create mode 100644 etc/historical-authorizations
 create mode 100644 guix/scripts/git-authenticate.scm
 create mode 100644 tests/guix-git-authenticate.sh

-- 
2.26.2