Subject: [bug#42225] [PATCH 0/5] Add 'guix git-authenticate' command

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 11:24:36 +0200

Hi Ludo,

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 at 10:37, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I put the “Invoking” node under “Development”, not sure if that’s
> the best place.  Also, I considered doing a ‘guix git’ command,
> of which ‘authenticate’ would be one sub-command and maybe ‘clone’
> another one.  But for ‘clone’ I thought that ‘guix download’ would
> be a better fit.  So I concluded that ‘guix git-authenticate’ was
> a good choice in the end.

On the topic of other subcommands, I have in mind log and tag.

Currently, I have

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
export CKT=~/.cache/guix/checkouts/pjmkglp4t7znuugeurpurzikxq3tnlaywmisyr27shj7apsnalwq
export SRC=~/src/guix
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and I run "git -C $CKT" or "git -C $SRC", for example:

   git -C $SRC log | grep Update

And I would like to be able to simply run;

   guix git log | grep Update

And the same for tagging commits.  Which implies also improve what "guix
pull" and "guix time-machine" accept.

All the best,
simon