Subject: Re: bug#42218: 28.0.50; Fix for missed item undecoration on allout-widgets-mode deactivation

From: Ken Manheimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 13:56:27 -0400

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 3:43 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ken, are you waiting for someone or something to install these and
> other changes in allout-widgets-mode?  If not, you can go ahead and
>

I was not sure what to expect.

> push them, you have write access to the Emacs Git repository.  Just
> remember to respond to your original bug report, and close the bug
> after installing the change.
>

As ever I appreciate the guidance. I'll be happy to merge and push the
patches.

To make sure I'm doing the right thing, I plan to merge the local branches
where I have my various fixes (after rebasing them on current master) to my
local clone of master, and then push it all back to Savannah. I will also
merge to the emacs-27 branch and push that, and close the related bug
reports. Is this correct?

One other question. I have a few more allout-widgets.el patches that are
development-related, and as such don't solve any bugs. I would like to push
them out, as well. Is it preferred that I associate them with a bug report,
or is it sufficient for me to just be clear in the commit messages, without
any bug report?

Thanks again,
Ken

Thanks.