Subject: bug#42210: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:33:04 -0700

Hello,

On Tue 21 Jul 2020 at 01:00AM +03, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> On 20.07.2020 19:49, Sean Whitton wrote:
>
>> How about having a project-other-window-commands defcustom for C-x 4 p,
>> and using the entirety of project-prefix-map for C-x 5 p and C-x t t?
>> C-x 4 p can prompt as per my patch, and C-x 5 p and C-x t t could just
>> put a static message in the minibuffer like other-frame-prefix and
>> other-tab-prefix do at present.
>
> Just to clarify: are you proposing this because you really like how the
> prompt works, yet can't find a good way to incorporate it for the two
> other prefixes?

I wouldn't say that I really like the prompt, but it could be useful to
someone to see the bindings available to them, when we're sure it's
going to fit.

I do think we should avoid binding commands under C-x 4 where the
versions under C-x p would already display in another window -- I think
it is potentially quite confusing to have bindings with identical
behaviour under both C-x 4 p and C-x p.

But that means we need the defcustom, because a user could use
display-buffer-alist to change which commands under C-x p will use
another window.

-- 
Sean Whitton