Subject: bug#42194: 27.0.91; shr and rowspan

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 02:18:36 +0200

Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not terribly concerned about the exact formatting of the table, but
> I do expect to see the "row 1" and "row 2" text somewhere.  Instead, all
> I see is
>
> -----8<-----8<-----
>  text along left side of table  
> ----->8----->8-----

Yeah, I can reproduce this, and I see what the problem is.  The way shr
computes rowspan layouts is by adding "dummy" TD elements in the rows
that the spanning element should cover, but this messes up the
calculation of how many columns there really are.  So it's basically a
off-by-one error, but I'm not quite sure what the best way to fix this
is...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no