Subject: Re: [bug#42193] [WIP 4/6] services: kernel-module-loader: Return a single 'shepherd-service'.

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:01:59 +0000

Hello Danny,

On 2020-07-06 00:03, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> I mean technically we could do that, but almost none of the other
> "-shepherd-service"s we have avoid returning a list.  Why single this 
> one out?

Because I wrote that module, forgetting to add a plural to
'kernel-module-loader-shepherd-service' and when reading the dnsmasq 
service code
I was made aware of it.  It's either that patch or a stupid typo one to 
go from
'kernel-module-loader-shepherd-service' to 
'kernel-module-loader-shepherd-serviceS'.

There are currently 14 other services that are using that pattern.

> Could we change all of them to not return a list?

Maybe, but I don't see the point of doing so as I expect that if the 
procedure's
name is plural and return a list there is no need to change it.

- Brice