Subject: [bug#42192] [PATCH 0/3] Improve launchpad updater

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 23:55:48 +0530

This patchset fixes a bug in the launchpad importer, and improves it to
recognize more URLs and extensions. `guix refresh --list-updaters` reports an
improvement in coverage from 0.1% to 0.2%.

On a side note, all our updaters try to detect the URL format through a series
of guesses. But, all our packages already encode information about how to
construct the source URL from the version. If we could somehow tap into that
information, our updaters would be much simpler. Unfortunately, all the uri
fields of packages are strings. We would need them to be functions that take
the version as an argument. This is a major conversion. Is it feasible? Any
better ideas?

Arun Isaac (3):
  import: launchpad: Handle list of source URLs correctly.
  import: launchpad: Recognize the .orig.tar.gz extension.
  import: launchpad: Recognize more URLs.

 guix/import/launchpad.scm | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 29 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2