Subject: bug#42185: closed (Re: bug#42185: An issue with bcrypt.h [MSYS2/MinGW64?])

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 11:05:03 +0000

Your bug report

#42185: An issue with bcrypt.h [MSYS2/MinGW64?]

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42185: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42185
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42185: An issue with bcrypt.h [MSYS2/MinGW64?]
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 04:04:29 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]> writes:

> In the last build the warning is gone.. please close.

Great, I'm closing this bug report with this message.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: An issue with bcrypt.h [MSYS2/MinGW64?]
From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 11:09:24 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This morning building the last master (32b3856f850e1) I get these warning while configuring:

[...]
checking whether getloadavg is declared... no
checking bcrypt.h usability... no
checking bcrypt.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: bcrypt.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: bcrypt.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: bcrypt.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: bcrypt.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: bcrypt.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to [email-masked] ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for bcrypt.h... no
checking whether the bcrypt library is guaranteed to be present... (cached) no
checking whether gettimeofday clobbers localtime buffer... no
checking for gettimeofday with POSIX signature... yes
[...]

The above occurred with the Windows build (MSYS2/MinGW64).