Subject: bug#42184: closed (Re: bug#42184: 27.0.91; org-fontify-whole-heading-line does not work in emacs 27)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 08:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42184: 27.0.91; org-fontify-whole-heading-line does not work in emacs 27

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42184: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42184
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42184: 27.0.91; org-fontify-whole-heading-line does not work in emacs 27
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 10:12:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 00:10:55 -0400
>> 
>> Kévin Le Gouguec writes:
>> 
>> > Here is a variant of the previous patch, which correctly resets :extend
>> > to nil if the user disables the relevant options (after reverting the
>> > current buffer, or for newly opened ones).
>> >
>> > This ends up looking similar to what Org does for org-hide; IMO this
>> > seems like the most straightforward short-term fix.  In the long run,
>> > these user options would probably deserve :set functions.
>> 
>> Thanks for working on this fix.  I of course can't speak for Bastien or
>> Nicolas, but this patch looks fine to me.  Assuming it's okay with Eli,
>> I'd suggest applying it to the emacs-27 branch.
>
> It's too late for Emacs 27.1, and in any case I'd like to hear the
> blessing of Org developers before installing this.

The fix has been installed in Org and will be available for Org 9.4,
which we hope to release very soon.  So I'm closing this report now,
unless this is bad policy to close the bug report before it is fixed
in Emacs.

> (I'd expect this
> to be first installed in Org and then in Emacs, not the other way
> around, but if it's okay with the Org folks to do it otherwise, I
> won't object.)

It is okay to make fixes to Emacs Org then to backport them to Org
maint branch, but since it is additional work, we prefer fixes to go
directly to the maint branch, before we merge it into Emacs.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: 27.0.91; org-fontify-whole-heading-line does not work in emacs 27
From: Erik Hetzner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 19:29:01 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Setting `org-fontify-whole-heading-line' and `org-fontify-whole-block-delimiter-line' does not give a background color to the entire line in emacs 27. It works in 26.3 (although the latter variable is not present).

To reproduce, evaluate:

(require 'org)
(setq org-fontify-whole-heading-line t
      org-fontify-whole-block-delimiter-line t) ;; omit in emacs 26
(load-theme 'leuven t) ;; uses a colored background for org headings

Then open a simple org file, e.g.

* Hello world
** test
#+begin_src
#+end_src

In emacs 26.3, the entire heading line (and block delimiter) has a background color. In emacs 27, this is not the case.

See attached images.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-06-29 built on lcy01-amd64-005
Repository revision: 59e768d64ad97782249fda9e53b6adc94c6d0130
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix= --prefix=/snap/emacs/current/usr --with-xwidgets
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --with-modules --with-cairo
 'CFLAGS= -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include'
 'CPPFLAGS= -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include'
 'LDFLAGS= -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr ob-ditaa ob-plantuml ol-bibtex bibtex org-clock
org-colview org-crypt org-habit org-agenda org-indent org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
org-table ol org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-list org-pcomplete pcomplete org-src org-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core org-compat advice ob-eval org-macs thingatpt
help-fns radix-tree help-mode emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 114056 8874)
 (symbols 48 12853 1)
 (strings 32 44116 2167)
 (string-bytes 1 1452734)
 (vectors 16 19756)
 (vector-slots 8 231546 15454)
 (floats 8 80 118)
 (intervals 56 298 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))