Subject: [bug#42180] bug#51061: [PATCH v2 01/23] guix: Add extracting-download.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 15:16:06 +0200

Hi Hartmut,

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> That’s really not how we work, nor how we should work IMO.  There were
>> ~24h between the time you sent this series and the time you pushed it,
>> only quick comments on 2 patches out of 23, and zero “LGTMs”.
>
> I apologize for pushing the patch series that fast. I can't tell what
> exactly did make be rush on this - maybe I just wanted to get this
> from my table. Not good, anyhow.

OK.  For the record, the process is documented here:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Commit-Access.html

If you think something needs to be clarified, please let us know.

> Fine for me. (I'd appreciate if someone else would do this, as I'm not
> sure about a meaningful commit message. An I'll be offline during the 
> day today.)

I see Tobias reverted them (thanks!).

> I'll then provide a new set of three patches - split by topic: 1)
> extracting downloader, 2) hexpm-importer, 3) rebar-build-system and 
> required packages.

Yes.  Please, do take into account the partial review I’ve already done.
In particular, be sure to follow our standards in terms of testing and
documentation (it’s fine to delay documentation for a v2/v3 of the patch
series until we’ve agreed on the interfaces; the commits that will be
pushed will have to include code, documentation, and tests.)

Thanks for your message,
Ludo’.