Subject: bug#42173: closed (Re: [PATCH 2/2] services: nix: Fix sandbox.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 19:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42173: Nix on Guix System: can't update channels

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42173: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42173
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] services: nix: Fix sandbox.
From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 22:38:14 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> +           (with-output-to-file "/etc/nix/nix.conf"
>> +             (lambda _
>> +               (format #t "sandbox = ~a~%" (if #$sandbox "true" "false"))
>> +               (format #t "build-sandbox-paths = ~{~a ~}~%"
>> +                       (append (append-map (cut call-with-input-file <> read)
>> +                                           '#$(map references-file
>> +                                                   (list package)))
>> +                               '#$build-sandbox-paths))
>> +               (for-each (cut display <>) '#$extra-config))))))))
>
> Actually I thought this would have to be addressed in the ‘nix’ package
> itself because this is where those store file names are captured.  But
> maybe it’s OK to do it in the service.  WDYT?

I think it's good enough for now to fix the issue.  We could delete
prepending ‘build-sandbox-paths’ with ‘nix’ closure in future.

>> +(define %nix-os
> Pretty fun.  :-)

Yea, :-).

Pushed to master as 4656180d5de1fef2846bea9af27ae509f32376ba

Oleg.

Subject: Nix on Guix System: can't update channels
From: Alexandru-Sergiu Marton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 12:56:33 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I tried to set up the Nix package manager on my Guix System 
following the instructions at 
http://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#index-Nix . 
Unfortunately, after reconfiguring the system and adding a channel 
with `nix-channel --add 
https://nixos.org/channels/nixpkgs-unstable`, when I tried to 
update the channels (`nix-channel --update`), this is what I got:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- 
[brown@121408 ~]$ nix-channel --update unpacking channels... 
while setting up the build environment: executing 
'/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash': 
No such file or directory builder for 
'/nix/store/fqvvrsyznxfzckxbiz6krlykdb6w105n-nixpkgs-20.09pre232864.55668eb671b.drv' 
failed with exit code 1 error: build of 
'/nix/store/fqvvrsyznxfzckxbiz6krlykdb6w105n-nixpkgs-20.09pre232864.55668eb671b.drv' 
failed error: program 
'/gnu/store/lsixql26nig4v3icn124ja3ivjpgvn99-nix-2.3.6/bin/nix-env' 
failed with exit code 100 --8<---------------cut 
here---------------end--------------->8--- 

Any tips on how to fix this?

Cheers,
Sergiu