Subject: Re: bug#42162: gforge.inria.fr to be taken off-line in Dec. 2020

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 10:50:43 +0200

Hi Ludo,

On Thu, 02 Jul 2020 at 09:29, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The hosting site gforge.inria.fr will be taken off-line in December
> 2020.  This GForge instance hosts source code as tarballs, Subversion
> repos, and Git repos.  Users have been invited to migrate to
> gitlab.inria.fr, which is Git only.  It seems that Software Heritage
> hasn’t archived (yet) all of gforge.inria.fr.  Let’s keep track of the
> situation in this issue.

[...]

> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp (lset-difference eq? $7 $8)
> $11 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:3931 7f632401a640>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f632ee3adc0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:103 7f6323ea1280>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:658 7f6323eb4960>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:322 7f6323eb4dc0>)
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All the 5 are 'url-fetch' so we can expect that sources.json will be up
before the shutdown on December. :-)

Then, all the 14 packages we have from gforge.inria.fr will be
git-fetch, right?  So should we contact upstream to inform us when they
switch?  Then we can adapt the origin.

> (use-modules (guix) (gnu)
>              (guix svn-download)
>              (guix git-download)
>              (guix swh)

It does not work properly if I do not replace by

               ((guix swh) #:hide (origin?))

Well, I have no investigate further.

>              (ice-9 match)
>              (srfi srfi-1)
>              (srfi srfi-26))

[...]

> (define archived-source
>   (filter (lambda (package)
>             (let* ((origin (package-source package))
>                    (hash  (origin-hash origin)))
>               (lookup-content (content-hash-value hash)
>                               (symbol->string
>                                (content-hash-algorithm hash)))))
>           packages-on-gforge))

I am a bit lost about the other discussion on falling back for tarball.
But that's another story. :-)

Cheers,
simon