Subject: Re: bug#42162: Recovering source tarballs

From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:05:40 +0200

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > The format of metadata (disassemble) that you propose is schemish
>> > (obviously! :-)) but we could propose something more JSON-like.
>>
>> Sure, if that helps get other people on-board, why not (though sexps
>> have lived much longer than JSON and XML together :-)).
>
> Lived much longer and still less less less used than JSON or XML alone. ;-)

Though this is likely not a function of the format, but of the
popularity of both Javascript and Java.

JSON isn’t a well defined format for arbitrary data (try to store
numbers as keys and reason about what you get as return-values), and
XML is a monster of complexity.

Best wishes,
Arne
-- 
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein
ohne es zu merken