Subject: gforge.inria.fr is off-line

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 17:59:20 +0200

Hi!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System) skribis:
>
>> We can already change Scotch and CMH to ‘git-fetch’ I think.
>
> For Scotch, the ‘v6.1.0’ tag at gitlab.inria.fr provides different
> content than the tarball on gforge:

[...]

> There’s not much we can do if upstream isn’t more cautious though.
> Perhaps we can still update to the “new” 6.1.0, maybe labeling it
> “6.1.0b”?
>
> Attached a tentative patch.

Believe it or not, gforge.inria.fr was finally phased out on
Sept. 30th.  And believe it or not, despite all the work and all the
chat :-), we lost the source tarball of Scotch 6.1.1 for a short period
of time (I found a copy and uploaded it to berlin a couple of hours
ago).

Going back to the script at the beginning of this bug report, we get (on
688a4db071736a772e6b5515d7c03fe501c3c15a):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp packages-on-gforge
$2 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:4357 7f08823d8630>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:566 7f088675c630>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:628 7f088675c4d0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f0881609160>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3732 7f0882964c60>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3814 7f0882964b00>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3837 7f0882964a50>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3684 7f0882964d10>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:6904 7f0882357e70>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3790 7f0882964bb0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3581 7f0882964dc0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:1103 7f088161cbb0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:1052 7f088161cc60>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:1117 7f088161cb00>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:107 7f0880397b00>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:1273 7f08803a76e0>)
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp archived-source
$3 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:566 7f088675c630>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:628 7f088675c4d0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:1103 7f088161cbb0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:1117 7f088161cb00>)
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp (lset-difference eq? packages-on-gforge archived-source)
$4 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:4357 7f08823d8630>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f0881609160>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3732 7f0882964c60>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3814 7f0882964b00>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3837 7f0882964a50>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3684 7f0882964d10>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:6904 7f0882357e70>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3790 7f0882964bb0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:3581 7f0882964dc0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:1052 7f088161cc60>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:107 7f0880397b00>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:1273 7f08803a76e0>)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All this to say that we must really get our act together with Disarchive
:-), and salvage all these tarballs until then.

There are redirects in place for some of these, but probably not all.

Ludo’.