Subject: bug#42162: closed (Re: bug#42162: gforge.inria.fr to be taken off-line in Dec. 2020)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 19:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42162: gforge.inria.fr to be taken off-line in Dec. 2020

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42162: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42162
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42162: gforge.inria.fr to be taken off-line in Dec. 2020
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],Maurice Brémond <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 14:32:00 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> The hosting site gforge.inria.fr will be taken off-line in December
> 2020.  This GForge instance hosts source code as tarballs, Subversion
> repos, and Git repos.  Users have been invited to migrate to
> gitlab.inria.fr, which is Git only.  It seems that Software Heritage
> hasn’t archived (yet) all of gforge.inria.fr.  Let’s keep track of the
> situation in this issue.
>
> The following packages have their source on gforge.inria.fr:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp packages-on-gforge
> $7 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:3931 7f632401a640>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:295 7f63235eb3c0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:357 7f63235eb280>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f632ee3adc0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2920 7f632d832640>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2774 7f632d832780>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2944 7f632d8325a0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2873 7f632d8326e0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:103 7f6323ea1280>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:658 7f6323eb4960>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:322 7f6323eb4dc0>)
>
>
> ‘isl’ (a dependency of GCC) has its source on gforge.inria.fr but it’s
> also mirrored at gcc.gnu.org apparently.
>
> Of these, the following are available on Software Heritage:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp archived-source
> $8 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:295 7f63235eb3c0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:357 7f63235eb280>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2920 7f632d832640>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2774 7f632d832780>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2944 7f632d8325a0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2873 7f632d8326e0>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:925 7f632dc82320>
>  #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:939 7f632dc82280>)

I ran the code you had attached to the original message and got:

,pp packages-on-gforge
$2 = ()
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp archived-source
$3 = ()

Closing,

Thank you.

Maxim

Subject: gforge.inria.fr to be taken off-line in Dec. 2020
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 09:29:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

The hosting site gforge.inria.fr will be taken off-line in December
2020.  This GForge instance hosts source code as tarballs, Subversion
repos, and Git repos.  Users have been invited to migrate to
gitlab.inria.fr, which is Git only.  It seems that Software Heritage
hasn’t archived (yet) all of gforge.inria.fr.  Let’s keep track of the
situation in this issue.

The following packages have their source on gforge.inria.fr:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp packages-on-gforge
$7 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:3931 7f632401a640>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:295 7f63235eb3c0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:357 7f63235eb280>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f632ee3adc0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2920 7f632d832640>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2774 7f632d832780>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2944 7f632d8325a0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2873 7f632d8326e0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:103 7f6323ea1280>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:658 7f6323eb4960>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:322 7f6323eb4dc0>)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

‘isl’ (a dependency of GCC) has its source on gforge.inria.fr but it’s
also mirrored at gcc.gnu.org apparently.

Of these, the following are available on Software Heritage:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp archived-source
$8 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:295 7f63235eb3c0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:357 7f63235eb280>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2920 7f632d832640>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2774 7f632d832780>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2944 7f632d8325a0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/maths.scm:2873 7f632d8326e0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:925 7f632dc82320>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/gcc.scm:939 7f632dc82280>)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So we’ll be missing these:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> ,pp (lset-difference eq? $7 $8)
$11 = (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/statistics.scm:3931 7f632401a640>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm:158 7f632ee3adc0>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:103 7f6323ea1280>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:658 7f6323eb4960>
 #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/algebra.scm:322 7f6323eb4dc0>)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Attached the code I used for this.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

(use-modules (guix) (gnu)
             (guix svn-download)
             (guix git-download)
             (guix swh)
             (ice-9 match)
             (srfi srfi-1)
             (srfi srfi-26))

(define (gforge? package)
  (define (gforge-string? str)
    (string-contains str "gforge.inria.fr"))

  (match (package-source package)
    ((? origin? o)
     (match (origin-uri o)
       ((? string? url)
        (gforge-string? url))
       (((? string? urls) ...)
        (any gforge-string? urls))                ;or 'find'
       ((? git-reference? ref)
        (gforge-string? (git-reference-url ref)))
       ((? svn-reference? ref)
        (gforge-string? (svn-reference-url ref)))
       (_ #f)))
    (_ #f)))

(define packages-on-gforge
  (fold-packages (lambda (package result)
                   (if (gforge? package)
                       (cons package result)
                       result))
                 '()))

(define archived-source
  (filter (lambda (package)
            (let* ((origin (package-source package))
                   (hash  (origin-hash origin)))
              (lookup-content (content-hash-value hash)
                              (symbol->string
                               (content-hash-algorithm hash)))))
          packages-on-gforge))