Subject: Re: bug#42140: 26.3; sigsegv when using nss-docker

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:14 +0300

> From: Hans van den Bogert <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:13:24 +0200
> 
> Since emacs 26, and most likely due to it's premiered use of 
> multi-threadedness, a simple `m-x list-packages`, with multiple repos 
> configured (e.g. gnu, melpa), will crash with sigsegv with high 
> probability. 
> 
> I am not well-versed enough in debugging multithreaded emacs to conclude 
> if this is a problem in emacs or nss-docker. But to iterate, since I 
> have not encountered this at all with other programs, I'll start at 
> emacs. 

Emacs is not multithreaded.  If you never start any additional Lisp
threads, only one thread ever runs (not counting GTK threads, but
those aren't new in Emacs 26).

The backtrace seems to suggest its a problem in nss-docker, since the
crash is in its code.  Are you sure this is an Emacs problem?