Subject: bug#42138: closed (Re: bug#42138: 26.3; Incompatibility between font-lock-add-keywords and enriched.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 02:32:01 +0000

Your bug report

#42138: 26.3; Incompatibility between font-lock-add-keywords and enriched.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42138: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42138
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42138: 26.3; Incompatibility between font-lock-add-keywords and enriched.el
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 05:31:37 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 23:37:03 +0200
> From: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> That would be better, but considerably harder.  For now I'm happy with checking
> `font-lock-defaults`.  Feel free to close this bug report.

Done.

Subject: 26.3; Incompatibility between font-lock-add-keywords and enriched.el
From: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:08:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After opening enriched.txt and running any kind of code using the
`font-lock-add-keywords` function (for example whitespace-mode or
hl-todo-mode), the enriched highlighting is gone.  Is this a bug or
intentional?  If it's intentional, is there some way for the code using
`font-lock-add-keywords` to detect this condition, other than checking
for the presence of enriched-mode?  Alternatively, is there a
recommended way to add highlighting of keywords that's compatible with
enriched-mode?

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2020-05-19 built on felixonmars2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Enriched: decoding document...
Indenting...
Note: file is write protected
Whitespace mode enabled in current buffer
You can run the command ‘whitespace-mode’ with M-x whit-m RET
Whitespace mode enabled in current buffer

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  whitespace-mode: t
  enriched-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils whitespace disp-table
enriched elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101223 9021)
 (symbols 48 20550 1)
 (miscs 40 62 154)
 (strings 32 29069 1125)
 (string-bytes 1 778480)
 (vectors 16 14213)
 (vector-slots 8 506032 11338)
 (floats 8 49 68)
 (intervals 56 902 0)
 (buffers 992 12))