Subject: bug#42137: closed (Re: bug#42137: cuirass: monitor evaluation status)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 08:17:01 +0000

Your bug report

#42137: cuirass: monitor evaluation status

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42137: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42137
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42137: cuirass: monitor evaluation status
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:16:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> Also having the "newly failing jobs" list would allow to mail the people
> that have commited changes between the last evaluation.
>
> Of course this is easier said than done, it might imply to update our
> database structure among other things.

This has been implemented with a new "Jobs" table and the associated
dashboard views.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: cuirass: monitor evaluation status
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:04:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

With Hydra, it is possible for a derivation to have the status of all
"still succeeding jobs", "newly failing jobs", "newly succeeding
jobs". In a word, have a quick overview of an evaluation status.

You can have a look to
https://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixos/release-19.09-small where it's easy
to see that 1591716 caused two test failures, that were fixed right
after.

In Cuirass, it's only possible to know the status of triggered builds,
for each evaluation. For the last two months, the system installation
were almost all broken, I think that if we have had a page showing the
full status of system tests evaluation by evaluation, we could have
avoided this situation.

Also having the "newly failing jobs" list would allow to mail the people
that have commited changes between the last evaluation.

Of course this is easier said than done, it might imply to update our
database structure among other things.

WDYT?

Thanks,

Mathieu