Subject: Re: bug#42136: 26.1.90; rgrep uses a directory that was not actually given

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:51:58 +0200

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for taking a look.

Dmitry Gutov writes:
> RET is bound to minibuffer-complete-and-exit. So the result seems
> expected.

The result seems as designed.  I expected something different.

> Did this scenario behave differently in some recent version of Emacs?

Probably not.

> To be fair, the docstring of this command says it behaves differently
> with different values of minibuffer-completion-confirm.

The variations here seem be the same as the MUSTMATCH parameter to
read-file-name.  I had tested those and none of those seem to do what I
want.

It's not like I do not like completion in general, but for me and in
this situation I want it only on-demand (with TAB), not automatic and
with almost no feedback about the choice that was actually made.

I may just learn my lesson here for now, but I'm not sure this is good.
Also I wanted to hear if anybody has a tip about some customization that
I was missing.

benny