Subject: bug#42131: Cannot split to IMAP folders

From: David Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 11:20:59 -0500

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I typed B r with the point on the article in the Summary buffer and
>> selected nnimap as the split method.
>
> Sorry, I forgot that we were talking about respooling, not splitting --
> there's no split-trace buffer when doing respooling.

I didn't know there was a distinction.  Is there a way to manually
"split" a message like with respooling?

> Anyway, this was the bug:
>
>> 10:02:04 [localhost] 538 APPEND "mail.misc" {622647}
>>
>> mail.misc is suspicious because B q says the message should go to a
>> different folder, on that exists.  There is no mail.misc IMAP folder so
>> maybe that's why I'm having trouble.
>
> Do you have any idea where mail.misc may be coming from?

I don't.  The only instance of that string that I found in my config is
in a commented line.

               -David