Subject: 28.0.50; tramp rsync method cannot transfer file names with spaces

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 19:44:15 +0300

I have observed that all files have been transferred without problems,
only files with spaces have not been transferred. None of the buffers is
accessible after operation, so I cannot see better the errors.

Copy failed, see buffer ‘ *temp*-477300’ for details
Renaming /rsync:motorola:/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshot_20190516-123616_Video Player.jpg to /home/data1/protected/Work/3rd-Dynamic/RCD/RCD/Connect/RCD-Business/By-ID/135312/files/Screenshot_20190516-123616_Video Player.jpg...failed
Renaming /rsync:motorola:/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshot_20190516-123630_Video Player.jpg to /home/data1/protected/Work/3rd-Dynamic/RCD/RCD/Connect/RCD-Business/By-ID/135312/files/Screenshot_20190516-123630_Video Player.jpg...
Copy failed, see buffer ‘ *temp*-36992’ for details
Renaming /rsync:motorola:/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshot_20190516-123630_Video Player.jpg to /home/data1/protected/Work/3rd-Dynamic/RCD/RCD/Connect/RCD-Business/By-ID/135312/files/Screenshot_20190516-123630_Video Player.jpg...failed
Move: 4 of 4 files failed--type ? for details ((Screenshot_20190516-123630_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20190516-123616_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20190516-123611_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20190516-123554_Video Player.jpg))

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-06-23 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 86a24971118958baf5a0a88a9c7c2cb053501b6d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-2020-06-23 --with-modules
 --without-gpm --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search
time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 47290 9135)
 (symbols 48 6526 1)
 (strings 32 17293 2082)
 (string-bytes 1 543774)
 (vectors 16 9356)
 (vector-slots 8 123722 10988)
 (floats 8 25 40)
 (intervals 56 239 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis