Subject: bug#42118: Editing pulseaudio config file fails with "No such file or directory"

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:43:32 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 30.06.2020, 05:22 -0500 schrieb Nathan Dehnel:
> Thanks for the tip. Do I have to put the entire file inside a string
> in guix? It's quite long.
mixed-text-file allows you to split the string into multiple parts, but
that is essentially the idea, yes.  There are of course other ways of
building it, but it is your task to ensure, that those end up with the
result you want.  In my personal opinion, explicit coding tends to be
best suited to accomplish this.

> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/G_002dExpressions.html
> 
> It mentions "local-file" so I did this:
>                         (script-file (local-file
> "/home/nathan/.config/pulse/default.pa"))))))
> 
> guix system reconfigure then completed, but pulseaudio does not seem
> to reflect the change in settings.
That should work up to a certain extent – what this basically does is
copy your local default.pa into the Guix store and then
/etc/pulse/default.pa is a symlink to that file in the Guix store. 
Depending on the content of default.pa, that may not actually be what
you want, but unless you're doing very weird things in there, it may
also be a perfectly valid configuration.
Can you check, that /etc/pulse/default.pa is indeed what you want it to
be?  IIRC, you may have to reboot for /etc to change.

Regards, Leo