Subject: [bug#42106] [PATCH 1/4] gnu: Add r-r2d3.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 11:19:01 +0200

Hi Peter,

> * gnu/packages/cran.scm (r-r2d3): New variable.

Unfortunately, I cannot merge this as is.  This package contains a bunch
of minified JavaScript files without the corresponding source code:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
r2d3/inst/www/d3/4.13.0/d3.min.js
r2d3/inst/www/d3/3.5.17/d3.min.js
r2d3/inst/www/d3/5.0.0/d3.min.js
r2d3/inst/htmlwidgets/lib/webcomponents/webcomponents.js
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

While we can easily replace the different d3 versions with non-minified
source code that we then minify in a build phase, we cannot do this for
webcomponents.js, which is compiled from TypeScript.  The source code is
here:

    https://github.com/webcomponents/polyfills/tree/master/packages/webcomponentsjs

Arun is currently working on packaging swc, a transpiler that supports
TypeScript, so with some luck we might then be able to transpile these
TypeScript source files to webcomponents.js.

Until then I cannot merge this, I’m afraid.

-- 
Ricardo