Subject: Emacs -nw Turkish Layout Problem

From: Yigit Emre Sahinoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 04:23:59 +0300

When using emacs from terminal with -nw option (with or without -Q),
some characters are not working properly. It's somehow keyboard layout
half messed up. Characters like ö,ç,ü are working but ş (U+015F), Ş (U+15E),
ğ (U+011E) and Ğ (U+011F) are not working. ş is return _ and Ş is return ^.
i is working but instead of İ, 0 is returned. Changing the coding system
cp1254
(Windows Turkish) doesn't have any effect. It's discovered by
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/hgvcth/cant_type_the_characters_%C5%9F_or_%C4%9F_in_emacs_nw_on/

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-04-20 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: c36c5a3dedbb2e0349be1b6c3b7567ea7b594f1c
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19042
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19042.330)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/w32console tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 43500 9407)
 (symbols 48 6001 1)
 (strings 32 15207 1533)
 (string-bytes 1 504344)
 (vectors 16 6689)
 (vector-slots 8 78176 6458)
 (floats 8 18 309)
 (intervals 56 191 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))

Yiğit Emre Şahinoğlu