Subject: bug#42099: Emacs -nw Turkish Layout Problem

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 18:51:28 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Yigit Emre Sahinoglu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:42:13 +0300
> 
> chcp returns "Active code page: 437"
> 
> All chars displayed correctly on cmd.exe. It's something about Emacs 
> Windows (maybe mingw do something finicky), I'm sure of that.

As long as the codepage reported to Emacs is 437, you will not be able
to see nor input Turkish characters.  the question is why is this
codepage being returned, when the system evidently uses a different
encoding...

This is Windows 10, right?  Do you per chance have the UTF-8 support
feature enabled?

You could also try this, once inside Emacs:

  C-x RET t cp857 RET
  C-x RET k cp857 RET

Does that help?