Subject: Re: bug#42099: Emacs -nw Turkish Layout Problem

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 21:25:56 +0300

> From: Yigit Emre Sahinoglu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:54:45 +0300
> 
> For some reason I cannot edit cc from gmail (Either gui changed or i
> cannot see it. Sorry for the trouble.).

Use "Reply All".

> I love helping people on reddit If I can. When I try to solve his
> problem, I face the same problem. I try with every terminal available
> on Windows (with native or with emulator) but the problem still
> exists. He uses Win 7, I use Win 10. He uses emacs 25.2.1 and  25.3.1,
> I use 27.0.91. He uses cmder (emulator) and with cmd.exe, I use
> Powershell 7,6 , cmd.exe with and without Windows Terminal (emulator).

Are you saying that you see the same problem as the OP?  Because the
problem you described earlier was different.

If you start "emacs -Q -nw" in a cmd.exe window, then type ş, what
happens?  And what does "C-h l" report after that?

Also, what happens if you type "C-x 8 RET 15f RET", do you see the ş
character on display, or do you see something else?

> I don't know how emacs works. But if emacs reads some kind of keyboard
> layout table like QMK Firmware, this table is somehow messed up while
> using "-nw" (or `X resources` on Windows somehow send true signals to
> emacs and keyboard layout is fine with GUI). If you can tell me where
> the keyboard layout files (if emacs reads from files) I can look at
> it.

There are now keyboard layout files on Windows.  Does it help to
evaluate this:

  M-: (w32-set-console-codepage 857) RET

If that doesn't help, try this instead:

  M-: (w32-set-console-codepage 1254) RET