Subject: Re: [bug#42096] [PATCH] gnu: Add UFO: Alien Invasion.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 23:05:16 +0200

Hello,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> This adds a pre-release/development version of a fairly large and
> complex game.  I went with the pre-release because according to the
> developers it is "mostly complete", and the previous version is four
> years old and requires heaps of patches to work.
>
> I'm fairly confident in the packaging, but unsure about the version
> identifier, and whether the warning in the description is sufficient.
> Also, as this game is a mix of GPL2+ and GPL2, I went with the latter,
> but the data files list both.  On second thought, they might also count
> as a "combined works" and thus become GPL2-only.
>
> Finally, maybe it's worth mentioning in the description that it is a
> clone/reimplementation of the famous (but proprietary) X-COM games.
>
> Comments welcome!

Nice job! I tried to package it a few weeks ago, but stopped as it was
getting too hairy.

Small note: I see some CC=gcc flags, but I think the trend is to replace
them where cross-compiling matters (which may not be the case here).

I think the version is fine, packaging 2.5.X is a dead-end.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou