Subject: bug#42075: notsp: triggered by a dot

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 02:16:15 +0200

Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> It turns out https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42075 was
> triggered by a dot in a separator bar:
> --------------------------------------.--------------------------------
> there in that Risks Digest Volume 32 : Issue 04.
> Odd that a dot could trigger such problems deep later in the document.
>
> It also triggers the smaller separator bars to appear after each article
> after pressing ^D.
>
> Good thing the dot only appeared in that issue of Risks Digest.

The digest parser is just guessing what the separators are, and it will
guess wrongly when the format is unregular, as it is here.  So I don't
think there's anything to fix here, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no