Subject: [bug#42030] [PATCH] channels: Error out when the 'guix' channel lacks an introduction.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:29:07 +0200

Hi,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * guix/channels.scm (latest-channel-instance): Raise an error instead of
>> warning when 'guix is unauthenticated.
>> * tests/channels.scm ("latest-channel-instances, missing introduction for 'guix'"):
>> New test.
>
> The hunk in tests/channels.scm does not apply.  :-)  LGTM, anyway.

Ah, maybe because you were too fast: it depends on
a18d02def9862dfb9b7a5e3d5aa3b541b066d198, which I pushed yesterday.

> I think we should export %guix-channel-introduction, or alternatively
> add a %default-guix-channel that can be inherited, for easy access in
> custom channels.scm files.  WDYT?

The idea was to expose only ‘%default-channels’, which leaves room for
the possibility of having multiple channels by default.  I’d rather
avoid exposing the individual bits as that’s a bit of an additional
committment.

But note that the introduction of the “official” guix channel is
automatically added anyway (commit
c3f6f564e909ebefe752d24b325871a4e3a02d40).

Thanks for your feedback!

Ludo’.