Subject: Determinism problem with guix pull

From: Marinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 19:07:42 +0200

Hi,

Run into a determinism problem today with guix pull.
I run guix pull --rounds=3 but guix ended in error that the result
wasn't the same.

The error was this:
building package cache...
|output
‘/gnu/store/277s1r2kxw9pfw1g6wg3vf6wrkksj57y-guix-package-cache’ of
‘/gnu/store/m64b2g2h75xbbnrxxn3g1h4833i58yj4-guix-package-cache.drv’
differs from previous round build of
/gnu/store/m64b2g2h75xbbnrxxn3g1h4833i58yj4-guix-package-cache.drv
failed View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/m6/4b2g2h75xbbnrxxn3g1h4833i58yj4-guix-package-cache.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/bcpjm4yvslpf4858lx4pj89xj279z5nv-profile.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built guix pull: error: build of
`/gnu/store/bcpjm4yvslpf4858lx4pj89xj279z5nv-profile.drv' failed

The files are indeed different size with one being larger than the
other.

My system is this:
guix describe
Generation 7	Jun 18 2020 13:55:17	(current)
  guix e418c3d
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: e418c3d076ec301a2deda42568035d75f5ed174d

Marinus