Subject: bug#42008: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 18:50:01 +0000

Your bug report

#42008: Determinism problem with guix pul

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42008: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42008
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 14:49:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing as a duplicate of #42009

Subject: Determinism problem with guix pul
From: Fannys Bampaloukas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 19:04:20 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Run into a determinism problem today with guix pull.
I run guix pull --rounds=3 but guix ended in error that the result
wasn't the same.

The error was this:
building package cache...
|output
‘/gnu/store/277s1r2kxw9pfw1g6wg3vf6wrkksj57y-guix-package-cache’ of
‘/gnu/store/m64b2g2h75xbbnrxxn3g1h4833i58yj4-guix-package-cache.drv’
differs from previous round build of
/gnu/store/m64b2g2h75xbbnrxxn3g1h4833i58yj4-guix-package-cache.drv
failed View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/m6/4b2g2h75xbbnrxxn3g1h4833i58yj4-guix-package-cache.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/bcpjm4yvslpf4858lx4pj89xj279z5nv-profile.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built guix pull: error: build of
`/gnu/store/bcpjm4yvslpf4858lx4pj89xj279z5nv-profile.drv' failed

The files are indeed different size with one being larger than the
other.

My system is this:
guix describe
Generation 7	Jun 18 2020 13:55:17	(current)
  guix e418c3d
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: e418c3d076ec301a2deda42568035d75f5ed174d

Fannys