Subject: Re: bug#42006: Installing font-dejavu breaks other fonts

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 23:11:49 -0400

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> Since my last full upgrade on June 9 2020, I found that if I have
> font-dejavu installed in my profile, my terminal (rxvt-unicode) no
> longer finds the font selected in my ~/.Xresources file.
>
> I'm using Guix on Debian, and all the packages involved are installed by
> Guix. They are rxvt-unicode, font-anonymous-pro, and font-dejavu.
>
> I strace-d the terminal startup.
>
> In the good case, it reads and loads a bunch font-related things before
> it finally loads my specified font from its symlink in
> '~/.guix-profile/share/fonts'.

Odd.  Is this problem still actual?

Thanks,

Maxim