Subject: bug#41985: ELisp

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jun 2020 17:41:28 -0000

In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> Hi GNU Emacs Team,

> I wonder if the GNU Emacs Team had thought of replacing the ELisp
> scripting language with that from newLisp.?

Hardly.

> I took a look at newLisp documentation and must say its very easy.

But it won't include facilities for manipulating editing things like
buffers.  It would take a lot of work to replicate these in newLisp.

Also, there's around 1.7 million lines of Emacs Lisp code in the Emacs
core.  That's a lot of code to have to convert.

> Anyway, I didn't run the newLisp installer as Windows Defender blocked
> the download from executing. The only place where I will run newLisp
> code is "newLisp in a browser."

Well, there's another reason.  You'd likely have less trouble running on
GNU/Linux.

> Regards, Andrew Goh S M

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).