Subject: [WIP PATCH 0/5] Add SageMath

From: Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 23:28:02 +0200

This patchstack builds upon #40283 and packages (some of) SageMath.
Currently, sagelib is built successfully, but the `sage' binary is not
being installed. I'm submitting this here as I'm no longer actively
working on this for now. Some things remain to be done:

 - Install the sage command itself and make sure it runs. This will
   probably require understanding what SAGE_ROOT, SAGE_SHARE and
   SAGE_LOCAL mean.
 - Run the tests. This would be best done as another package to make
   sure all the right packages are propagated. Nix does the same [0].
 - Make sure the docs are installed.
 - Remove the cython debug info. I haven't done this yet only because
   testing it would require waiting for a long build.
 - Resolve some small TODOs.

[0]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/tree/master/pkgs/applications/science/math/sage

Jakub Kądziołka (5):
  gnu: linbox: Fix linking of dependant packages.
  gnu: sagemath: Remove unnecessary old versions of packages
  gnu: Add ECL 16.1.3 for Sage.
  gnu: lcalc: Don't rename the include directory.
  [WIP] gnu: Add sagemath.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   4 +
 gnu/packages/algebra.scm                      |   5 +-
 .../ecl-16-format-directive-limit.patch       |  83 +++++++
 .../ecl-16-ignore-stderr-write-error.patch    |  17 ++
 gnu/packages/patches/ecl-16-libffi.patch      |  16 ++
 .../patches/linbox-fix-pkgconfig.patch        |  23 ++
 gnu/packages/sagemath.scm                     | 203 +++++++++++++-----
 7 files changed, 291 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ecl-16-format-directive-limit.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ecl-16-ignore-stderr-write-error.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ecl-16-libffi.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/linbox-fix-pkgconfig.patch

-- 
2.26.2