Subject: Re: [bug#41967] [PATCH] gnu: Add tesseract.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:23:02 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 08:13, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > * media/sound/game/soundsnap/info.txt: Non-commercial clause (
> > > https://www.soundsnap.com/licence)
> >
> > Are "non commercial" licenses still free licenses?
>
> I'm pretty sure no, even for non-code. But I'd love to hear from someone
> else who's more sure than I am.

"non-commercial" and "free license" are not related.

Well, it is hard to predict what the FSF would conclude for a such
license.  Because the terms are not really clear.  On one hand, you
can "transit the sounds as long as they are included with other
materials" and on the other hand you cannot "transmit the sounds 'as
they are' in any context".

b. To copy and transmit the sounds and available content in various
mediums or formats as long as the sounds and available content are
included in another work or with other materials;
i. Resell, rent, sublicense, transmit, and/or distribute or
re-distribute the sounds 'as they are' in any context,