Subject: Re: bug#41962: Errors in man coreutils pages

From: Helge Kreutzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:56:44 +0200

Hello Pádraig,
On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 06:25:25PM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 20/06/2020 07:48, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> 
> Thanks for reporting these issues.
> They should be addressed in the attached.

Thanks for your quick reply.

> > Man page: rm.1
> > Issue: FIXME I<> → B<>
> > 
> > "B<--preserve-root>[=I<\\,all\\/>]"
> 
> The 'I' is auto generated by help2man and consistent with other uses.
> What's the specific issue here?

Well, don't mind if it is autogenerated; usually parameters which are
variables (i.e. can be changed) get a I<>, while parameters which are
fixed strings get a B<>; but again, if it is from help2man than it is
outside your domain.

Greetings

           Helge
-- 
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     [email-masked]
           Dipl.-Phys.                   http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php
        64bit GNU powered                     gpg signed mail preferred
           Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/