Subject: RE: bug#4195: bookmark-alist and bookmark doc about structure

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:33:11 -0700

> From: Karl Fogel Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 8:40 PM
> 
> Drew, can you have a go at fixing this one?  It looks like you've got
> the necessary head state, perhaps more than I do.  I've also got some
> other bookmark.el bug reports (3646, 3645, 3375, 1199, 4485, 
> 4296, 4349, and 4348 -- though note that 3646 may actually get easier 
> after 4195 is fixed), most of which will require coding, so I'd like to 
> concentrate on them first.
> Fine to say no, obviously :-), but I thought I'd ask.

Hi Karl,

Attached is a patch against today's CVS file.

I updated the `bookmark-alist' doc string and the large comment about the
various formats and their evolution. I also made some minor changes to other doc
strings (e.g. some first lines that were too long). Please read over what I
wrote and correct it as you see fit. In particular, I'm no expert on the format
changes.

HTH, and thanks for all your work on the bugs.

 - Drew