Subject: Re: bug#41923: CC Mode 5.33.2 (AWK//l); Bad indentation of gawk switch cases

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 19:57:59 +0000

Hello, Peter.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 21:20:37 +0200, Peter Kozich (UM) wrote:
> Hello Alan,

> I recompiled them and now case indentation works correctly in the AWK
> buffer, too.

Thanks.  I've committed the patch to the Emacs master branch, and it
will find its way into Emacs 28 when that is released (probably in about
a year and a half's time).  I suggest you keep the patch handy and apply
it to Emacs-27 when that gets released ("any time now").

> There is a 200+ lines difference somewhere between your el file and 
> mine.

Yes, sorry about that.  CC Mode is still a separate package from Emacs,
if only just, and I was working on the upstream version.  The line
number difference is harmless.

> Thank you for the help

Thanks again for the bug report.  I'm closing the bug with this post.

> br
> pk

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).