Subject: Re: bug#4192: 23.1; special fontification for "//" in cc-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 12:20:11 +0000

Hello, Lars.

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 21:11:14 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Would you (and anybody else) please review the following patch.  Short
> > instructions on how to enable the feature are in the NEWS alteration;
> > longer ones are in the cc-mode.texi bit:

> Looks nice.

Thanks for the review.

> The only confusing thing is that the `C-c C-k' doesn't immediately
> flush the fontifying, so there's no feedback until you start typing.
> It'd be nice if `C-c C-k' immediately fontified the "wrong" comment
> style.

Yes.  You're right.  I've amended the code so that this toggling of the
fontification of the "wrong" comments is now done instantly.

I've committed the change (including the amendments to the NEWS and
cc-mode.texi hunks requested by Eli), and I'm closing the bug with this
post.

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).