Subject: bug#4192: 23.1; special fontification for "//" in cc-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 19:20:37 +0000

Hello, Eli.

Thanks for doing these routine checks.

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 19:59:24 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 17:46:18 +0000
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

> > -block comments or line comments.
> > +block comments or line comments.@footnote{You can emphasize

> @footnote should begin before the period.

OK.

> > +@section Marking ''Wrong'' style comments

> Why are you quoting ''like this'' in Texinfo?

I was under the mistaken impression this was correct.  There are several
such occurrences in cc-mode.texi.  I will correct them.

> > +*** You can now flag the "wrong style" of comments with
> > +font-lock-warning-face.  To do this, use c-toggle-comment-style, if
> > +needed, to set the desired default comment style (block or line); then
> > +set the option c-mark-wrong-style-of-comment to non-nil.

> Please make the first line a complete sentence, so that Outline mode
> displays this sensibly.

OK.

> Thanks.

I'll fix all these things before committing the change.  Thanks.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).